Thursday, July 21, 2011

My Name is Sharon and I have a Yarn Addiction

One of my co-workers, who is a crafter, is cleaning house. She asked me if I would be interested in some
wool. I don’t use wool, yet, but I said I was sure I could find a home for it between my various crafting
groups. I expected a grocery bag or two of yarn.

Come in to work, and my chair was covered with two sweater bags full of yarn! I was shocked to say the
very least! And looking at it, it appears it is all acrylic, which is perfect for the various charity projects
that I am working on. I hauled it home on the bus and set it aside to sort it out somehow.

Then, I ended up at Walmart to get litter for the cats, and my cart seemed to drift over to the craft area.
Seeing as I have been reading on Ravelry that some Walmarts are getting rid of their yarn, I thought I
would see if there were any good deals. I ended up getting 4 balls of yarn at half off (2 of them are eco-
yarn from Red Heart that I was curious about; the other 2 I liked the colour). I also ended up with 3 bags
of mill ends – but these have 4 to 5 balls in them for 7 bucks, so that’s still less than 2 bucks a ball, which
is still cheaper than buying them separate. I do plan to use these in combination with the donated yarn
for my charity crafting. 

But as you can see, I have a problem. At least it isn’t anything dangerous or illegal, but it is still a
problem. Now I must get crocheting!

PS - Did I mention the yarn I got half price last week? Yah, I have a problem.

1 comment:

  1. I have the same addiction. I am thrilled the fall craft Church sales are starting as many of them have yarn in their Church table areas that people donate. I have gotten some great deals on yarn I never would other wise buy at a $.50 to $1 a skein. It gives me a chance to try out some different types of yarn before buying it.

    This summer I made an effort to start using it up and made a huge craft bag/basket to send all the yarn I bought in a swap.

    ReplyDelete