Lately I have gone on a bit of a yarn buying spree through Ebay. All this yarn has come in lovely hanks or in the round, which is not very conducive to knitting or crocheting with. So I have endeavored to turn these into balls which can be worked with more easily.
The first hank, well, I didn’t pre-think how to do it, I just dove in. That is a huge mess which I may just end up tossing. Thankfully I didn’t spend a lot of money on it, but I still hate the thought of tossing something out.
After the first failed experiment, I decided to do a little bit of reading to find a better way to accomplish this task. Here is how I started it out, as the suggestion was to put it around a chair or something else, but my chairs were not wide enough.
Once I got down to about ¼ left, it kept falling off and I missed catching it the one time and it completely tangled. It took me 3 hours to sort that tangle out. :( I still need to improve my methods, but at least I got it wound.